It All Started When ...
The Bucharest Summer University is the official summer school of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies organised annually by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies Students’ Union (USASE) and the ASE Students’ Senate, with the academic mentorship of one of the eleven faculties from our university.
The Bucharest Summer University is open for students from all levels (bachelor, masters and PhD), from Europe and all around the world. In order to take part, you have to choose between our three categories of applications:
- Full Scholarship
- Partial Payment
- Total Payment
For the first one, you need to fill in the application form, the resume and an essay based on this year’s topic, following some specific guidelines.
The second one requires the application form, the resume and a motivational letter.
For the third one, it is necessary only the application form and the CV.
The summer school’s previous editions provided an international platform for cooperation among the following themes:
- Globalisation through Business and Management
- Public Value, Politics and Public Management in the European Union
- Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Intentions in the Global Economy
- Financial Challenges and Opportunities in a Competitive Economy
- Creativity and Innovation for Future Businesses, Energy and Economic Growth, Risk and Security in the Globalised World, Economic and Politic in the Globalised Society
- The Four Fundamental Liberties of the European Union, Global Investment Strategies in the New Economic Reality and Information and Governance in the Future Global Economy.
The previous editions aimed to bring together experienced international chairpersons and speakers, key players and professionals with different backgrounds, great experience and knowledge.
Among them, we mention:
- Dr. Jeffrey R Franks (Former Chief of the International Monetary Fund Delegation in Romania)
- Mitsuharu Mitsui, PhD (Professor at Okayama University of Commerce, Japan)
- Aharon Tziner, PhD (Dean and Vice Rector of the School of Behavioral Sciences, Netanya Academic College),
- His Excellency, Mr. Ambassador Sergiu Celac (EURISC manager, ex-Foreign Minister)
- Robert Orttung, PhD (Assistant Director of the Institute for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies, Research Associate Professor of International Affairs)
- Oystein Noreng, PhD (Professor of Petroleum Economics and Management at BI Norwegian School of Management, Oslo, Norway).
At the end of the two weeks period of courses, seminars, workshops and debates sustained or moderated by renowned professors and national and international specialists and after passing a final exam, the participants will receive 5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
Besides the two weeks of classes, this event represents a great opportunity for the participants to discover a new culture through a series of planned recreational events and challenging activities, such as: Bucharest City Tour, an adventurous trip in Romania, team buildings, social events, Global Village (a presentation of each participant’s country in our project, an exhibition and tasting of traditional products) and many others.
The Bucharest Summer University is open for University students from all levels (bachelor and masters), from Europe and all around the world.
To quickly check if you need a visa please go to www.evisa.mae.ro (select the “Get Informed” tab (up left) and enter the following information:
- passport issuing country,
- type of passport,
- purpose of your visit to Romania.
Entry requirements and visa information are also available at www.mae.ro.
Our participants will be accommodated in Moxa E, the professors’ dormitory, with cozy and modern double rooms.
The accommodation is free or included in the price (for those who are applying for Partial and Total Payment).
You can choose between 3 types of application:
- Full Scholarship (free)
- Partial Payment (€)
- Total Payment (€).
The advantage of the Total Payment is that you don’t need to write an essay or a motivation letter and you’ll receive the answer quickly in order to better manage your time and to book a cheaper flight (take into account that the flights are expensive during the summer). None of the payment methods include transportation costs for coming and leaving Romania. During your stay in Romania, take into consideration that there will be some costs for taxi or public transportation, laundry washing and museum tickets.
This international cultural and academic event will take place every year in August in Bucharest, Romania.
Besides the two weeks of classes, this event represents a great opportunity for the participants to discover a new culture through a series of planned recreational events and challenging activities, such as: Bucharest City Tour, an adventurous trip in Romania, team buildings, social events, Global Village.
The sessions will be based on this year’s topic.
At the end of the two weeks period of courses, seminars, workhops and debates sustained or moderated by renowned professors and national and international specialists and after passing a final exam, the participants can receive 5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
Still more questions?
Do you already want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2022 – Bucharest Summer University. The Bucharest University of Economic Studies. All rights reserved